• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Picatinny Rail for Forester L579 22-250 and M78 22 Hornet

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Does anybody know where I can purchase a picatinny rail that fits a L579 22-250 and a M78 22 Hornet? I saw some old posts but really didn't come up with any solutions. Thanks.

It would be fairly simple to make one for an M78 since it is drilled and tapped. You can buy an undrilled Picatinny rail about 15 inches long and cut it to the desired length. The aluminum material is easy to drill to match the mounting holes in an M78. The last time I looked there was a seller of these blank rails on Gunbroker; just search "Picatinny" and you should find it. I would suspect that suppliers like Brownell's or Midway might also offer the blank rails.

The L579 is a greater challenge. I'm unaware of a maker of Picatinny rails which are pre-fitted to the Sako dovetails.

Picatinny rail.

Does anybody know where I can purchase a picatinny rail that fits a L579 22-250 and a M78 22 Hornet? I saw some old posts but really didn't come up with any solutions. Thanks.

I don't know if this helps but I have a picatinny rail with a plus 20MOA to fit my AII. I got it from Roedale Precision a British run engineering company based in Germany. They do make a 0 MOA rail as well. I do not know enough about the different models to know whether it would fit yours. http://www.webshop.roedale.de/gx2/p...picatinny-rail-sako-with-optilok--20moa-.html

Duncan- Welcome to the Sako forum and thank you for the good first post. That looks like what a person would need for the Sako dovetails. I was having trouble loading the information but from what I could see, readily, it looks real workable- Misako

Scutter. Lee
I had a gunsmith make one up for me for my L579. I was running sako medium mounts and after the fitting I am now running weaver low mounts at the original height.
He used a blank picatinny and milled it down.
Google long range blog 10 fitting a picatinny rail you tube- Thomas Haugland.
I have seen one that slots into the original sako dovetails too.

....and it is this New Zealand dollar
Sako to Weaver Base Adapter
$88.00 Incl GST

Burris TU Two Piece Bases - TU-Sako Sako Mediuqm & Long black #410287

Burris Trumount Universal bases for Sako Long & Short Actions

Solid steel Trumount Universal bases are light and strong and will complement any rifle. Accepts any standard rings (sold separately).

Note: we have found some weaver rings need minor fitting to get them to clear that hump in the base, so may not fit without some work

Burris Fastfire Mount Sako Rifle Aluminium black #410331

cvSako to weaver base adaptor with pressure point screws, no drilling or taping required

Latest posts

Back