• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Heavy Barrel L46 in hornet, bee or 7x33

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

topgear

Sako-addicted
Just wondering if sako every produced a L46 heavy barrel rifle in caliber's other than .222?

I can't remember ever seeing or hearing of one. Have any members ever come across one?

Been racking my brain on this since I first saw the post & I'm getting where I don't trust my own memory, but I seem to recall a HB BEE for sale several years ago. Couldn't confirm it was factory & as I have no interest in the BEE I didn't pursue it any further. I will say I have never seen a Hornet HB & I have never personally seen a 7x33 of any barrel weight.

Very good question, i think they where made and sold special order.
I can only guess a very few, in Bee and hornet, and at least one 25/20!

20 years back i saw a factory L46 sako varmint barrel, stamped 25/20, it was not a replacement barrel, but a factory fitted one.
It was fitted to a cheap rifle. The rifle was for sale in a shop and i was able to inspect it, someone had it rechambered to 25/06! I nearly bought it, just to pull the barrel, if only it had not been rechambered!
Rubicon, one of our members, also saw this rifle at the time.
Just have to keep looking, i guess.
L-46

It would be interesting if some HB's L46's were made in bee and hornet. I still hope to one day see someone post a L46 deluxe hornet as well!

Just thinking more about this. If one was out there would it likely be in the U.S. Or oz rather than Finland? Were the HB's ever popular in the L46 in Europe or were they more an export rifle?

Also has anyone ever seen a HB birch stocked .222 or .222 mag?

Anyone seen one of these over the last few years or know if they were made?
Wondering if the records indicate HB or not?

I still haven’t managed to find a HB in bee, hornet, .25-20 or 7x33 or any proof of one yet:(

No, I still haven't seen or heard of an HB in Bee or Hornet, but a reliable source tells me they have a photo of Sasquatch riding Nessy across the lake.

Back