• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Greetings from Colorado

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

By way of introduction I am a native born Coloradan. Born and raised in the south east corner of the state. ( epicenter of the Dust Bowl of the 30's). My interest have always been hunting and shooting. I bought my first bicycle with money made from shooting jack rabbits and selling them to the fur and meat processors.
I bought my first Sako , a L461 Vixen Deluxe chambered in 222 Remington, a couple years ago. It is too pretty to hunt but it does shoot very well. I will have some questions on Sako rifles as I have plans to purchase more.
Lynn Rider

Hey, Lynn! Welcome to the forum. Fairly new here, myself. I think you'll find the site to be extremely informative and a fun place to learn about these fine firearms.

Do you have any photos, by chance, of your Deluxe Vixen? Members love to see pictures!

I have an L461 full Mannlicher stock .222 Rem and an L46 Heavy Barrel version (with a custom aftermarket stock), also chambered in .222 Rem. They're two of my favorites, although I'd love to have one of the Deluxe versions.

By way of introduction I am a native born Coloradan. Born and raised in the south east corner of the state. ( epicenter of the Dust Bowl of the 30's). My interest have always been hunting and shooting. I bought my first bicycle with money made from shooting jack rabbits and selling them to the fur and meat processors.
I bought my first Sako , a L461 Vixen Deluxe chambered in 222 Remington, a couple years ago. It is too pretty to hunt but it does shoot very well. I will have some questions on Sako rifles as I have plans to purchase more.
Lynn Rider

No such thing as too pretty to hunt. This deluxe has been all over the place and killed tons of game. It still looks great...

Caribou a.jpg Caribou b.jpg

No such thing as too pretty to hunt. This deluxe has been all over the place and killed tons of game. It still looks great...

View attachment 13138 View attachment 13139

View attachment 13138 View attachment 13139
It definitely looks good in that setting! A caribou hunt is on my list.

Greetings, Lynn! Welcome aboard!
Hey, Lynn! Welcome to the forum. Fairly new here, myself. I think you'll find the site to be extremely informative and a fun place to learn about these fine firearms.

Do you have any photos, by chance, of your Deluxe Vixen? Members love to see pictures!

I have an L461 full Mannlicher stock .222 Rem and an L46 Heavy Barrel version (with a custom aftermarket stock), also chambered in .222 Rem. They're two of my favorites, although I'd love to have one of the Deluxe versions.
Thanks for the welcome. I have pictures and will post as soon as I figure out the process.

See if this works

Attachments

• 47971CD6-CAA6-4203-AD83-35F9757BCAA6.jpeg
    47971CD6-CAA6-4203-AD83-35F9757BCAA6.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 20
  • BC43A613-13E1-427E-9BDE-D0058BBA8D86.jpeg
    BC43A613-13E1-427E-9BDE-D0058BBA8D86.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back