• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 VL63 Finnwolf magazines

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi everyone. Newbie here and fairly new to Finnwolfs. Couple questions, first what determines the difference in the 2 different magazines for these guns? THe flat vs. the sightly bulged out clips? Is it the year made, .308 vs. .243??
And last is there a place to check your S/N to see when made and how many were made in that certain version. Mine is 6884 and left handed cheek.

Thanks

Hello - to answer a few of your questions - the earlier guns were the ones that used the 4 shot coffin style or slightly bulged clip you refer to The later manufactured one use the 3 shot flat bottom clips. Both clips will handle either 243 or 308 ammo. These magazines will not without modification fit from one version to the other.
As far as serial number and numbers produced someone else may be able to answer those - there is factory information for some guns but not all available - there is a link at the top on the page that has a link to the factory record service where you can order what information may be available for your particular gun.
good luck

Thanks for the info.. that helps alot. Im looking at purchasing another finnwolf in .308 cal. and it would pay me to look for one with bulged clip then..

If I'm interpreting the information you've supplied correctly it sounds like you've got a Finwolf in .243, circa 72-73, and you're looking to find one with the casket style magazine in .308 to go with it.o_O
The Finnwolf is not a rare find these daze however neither are they that common. I've not seen any with the 4 rnd magazine for sale in the US in years. When they do pop up they're the 3 rnd flat type.
I hope someone will prove me wrong,:) but do be advised that the 4 rnd mag's will not fit in a Wolf designed for the 3 rnd flat magazine and vice versa.

I hope someone will prove me wrong,:) but do be advised that the 4 rnd mag's will not fit in a Wolf designed for the 3 rnd flat magazine and vice versa.
I've tried a four-round "casket bottom" magazine in a three round Finnwolf and while it does not fit as-is, I believe it could be successfully modified without much difficulty to work in a three round Finnwolf. I also know of some Finnwolf owners who have been successful in modifying a Winchester Model 88/100 magazine to fit.

Back