• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 A deluxe Finnwolf

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Awesome! First one that I have ever seen.
Me too. Just to be clear it’s not mine. Just proof at least one is out there.

I want one!
Me too.

Woa!!! @topgear , has found the unicorn! What caliber is it?
Its in .308 which makes it even that bit more special if that's possible!

You should run the serial number on it and see what it says about it, when it was made and when it shipped.
I believe it was 1963/64. Serial number is < 50.

And post more pictures
Sorry that's all I've got.

No

Its been pretty nice to just confirm they are out there. I'd be pretty sure there would be more than just one. Now to find a VL 100 in .300 H&H and a AL73 in .300 Win Mag.:D

Wow !!!!

Threads like this is why I continually come back to this website. Thank you so much, TopGear !

DeerGoose

Topgear, you keep comming up with amazing finds! Next your going to tell us you have bought this one as well?

Now to find a VL 100 in .300 H&H and a AL73 in .300 Win Mag.:D
Well, I know where there is an AL73 in .30-06 at least. Not in the U.S. or Australia, but it is for sale (as part of a lot of 60+ guns). The seller is rather optimistic in his pricing, however, so no one has thus far moved on the lot.

Its just a special grade stock and its not the only one. Sako custom shop delivered several. In that case S/N 47 was no "deluxe", it was a gift from custom shop to the former Sako Sales Director at his retirement in 1963.

No big thing, the gun was offered in Finland by the grandson.

Last edited:
Its just a special grade stock and its not the only one. Sako custom shop delivered several. In that case S/N 47 was no "deluxe", it was a gift from custom shop to the former Sako Sales Director at his retirement in 1963.

No big thing, the gun was offered in Finland by the grandson.

Your initial post was well worth editing grinch.

If you personally find anything on the web worth sharing, please feel free to do so.

Will do. Showing sources on web results helps to avoid pointless speculations. The pic is from an actual finnish source which also explain the background of the gun. BTW it's bad style to cut out and posting pics from other sources without declaring the source. Especially among fans and collectors. I don't blame topgear, may be he found the pic on a third place posted there by someone other. Thats the web. But thats also the way senseless discussions starts, cause someone cutted out a single pic from a complete story.

Last edited:
Sako made in year 1963 200 Sako VL63 rifles and a small amount of them was Deluxe models (according Sako rifles book). First 3 Deluxe-rifles was with bofors barrel (2, 12, 47). If you look these serial numbers: 2, 12, 47, 3373, 3856,5000, 5808, 6948, 7603 and 9259 you´ll see Sako factory made VL63 Deluxe model.

Its listed in the records as a deluxe. Being gifted to an employee doesnt make it not a deluxe. Im not sure what your on about grinch.
I saw the original posting proably before anyone and knew the background story but that doesnt make it not a deluxe. Or a senseless discussion as you put it.
Im happy to not post at all if that makes people happy? To me it was a big thing as it was photographic proof sako made a deluxe finnwolf.

All the questions from serial number up to the owner are answered in the story. And the gun in absolute new condition is to buy for about 2300$ (US) in Finland.

Ok, let's be friends again.

What about that beauty? Never seen such an enchanting stock like this. S/N 7102

de Luxe, another special edition or individual customized stock by Sako?

Last edited:
Will do. Showing sources on web results helps to avoid pointless speculations. The pic is from an actual finnish source which also explain the background of the gun. BTW it's bad style to cut out and posting pics from other sources without declaring the source. Especially among fans and collectors. I don't blame topgear, may be he found the pic on a third place posted there by someone other. Thats the web. But thats also the way senseless discussions starts, cause someone cutted out a single pic from a complete story.

You could have provided the reference to the Fin site to avoid sounding......, I dunno......, hypocritical? :)

Back