• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L46 Action, Wow!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

There is a L461 on GI for $700 they usually go for around $500. It is overpriced. The L46 had 10 bidders last time I checked. At that price it would almost be cheaper to buy a used L46 in 222 and pull the barrel, sell it and the stock and move on with whatever project you had in mind for the action. Again at $700 I think this is a bit overpriced.

rick

Anything that has a reserve on it, on GunBroker, is usually overpriced. It wasn't met, so it didn't sell. I think the bidders were about right stopping at $700. I've never seen a pristine L46 action for sale before & as gowyo mentioned, the receiver sight being worth $100+ makes $700 not so far out of line. The seller even said he would deduct if a buyer didn't want the sight. It will be back up for bids & it will be interesting what it actually sells for.

Sight cost have been all over the place. I have seen good ones go for as low as $80. Dreamers ask $150 and up. So it pays to shop around. Never the less, you have to ask yourself, is this something I have to have and will use or is it something that might be nice to have?

rick

Anything that has a reserve on it, on GunBroker, is usually overpriced. It wasn't met, so it didn't sell. I think the bidders were about right stopping at $700. I've never seen a pristine L46 action for sale before & as gowyo mentioned, the receiver sight being worth $100+ makes $700 not so far out of line. The seller even said he would deduct if a buyer didn't want the sight. It will be back up for bids & it will be interesting what it actually sells for.
Perhapse . . . the seller just looking for a free appraisal and free advertizing.

There are multiple sights on Ebay with bids under $100. Some are under $50. Granted bidding isn't finished but if you need one you just might get lucky.

rick

Back