• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Tikka 658 stocks please help!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Chris342

Hello everybody! I'm new to the page. So currently I own a Tikka 658 RH. I love the rifle I bought it off my uncle. I would like to replace the current Woodstock. However I've been trying to find information about this rifle online and I called Beretta and there's no information to be found. Does anybody here know anything about these rifles? Also does anyone know where I can get a replacement stock for this gun? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

The 558 & 658 were made for a very short time in the late 80's or early 90's. IIRC, they were introduced in 1988. They were the first models offered after Sako acquired Tikka & were made to a very high standard. They replaced the Tikka Model LSA 55 & 65. I had a 558 & regret parting with it. They were succeeded by the Model 595 & 695, I believe in 1995. Today Tikka offers only one action size, the T3, in various configurations under the Beretta umbrella. Being they were only produced for a short period & in relatively low numbers any parts are difficult to find. Factory replacement stocks or aftermarket stocks do not exist to my knowledge, but you may stumble on to an original stock for sale with a lot of luck. If you have the original stock, you could have it duplicated by a stockmaker with a duplicating machine.

The 558 & 658 were made for a very short time in the late 80's or early 90's. IIRC, they were introduced in 1988. They were the first models offered after Sako acquired Tikka & were made to a very high standard. They replaced the Tikka Model LSA 55 & 65. I had a 558 & regret parting with it. They were succeeded by the Model 595 & 695, I believe in 1995. Today Tikka offers only one action size, the T3, in various configurations under the Beretta umbrella. Being they were only produced for a short period & in relatively low numbers any parts are difficult to find. Factory replacement stocks or aftermarket stocks do not exist to my knowledge, but you may stumble on to an original stock for sale with a lot of luck. If you have the original stock, you could have it duplicated by a stockmaker with a duplicating machine.
Thanks so much for the info much appreciated! So is the 658 considered a highly collectible firearm?

I would say the parts availability is great because most of the parts from newer M690 and M695 will fit, including the stock. Also some of the parts are still used today, like the extractor and ejector parts are the same as TRG 22.
Two parts that are no longer available are the polymer bolt guide at the rear of the action and the slim profile bolt shroud that goes with it.

I would say the parts availability is great because most of the parts from newer M690 and M695 will fit, including the stock. Also some of the parts are still used today, like the extractor and ejector parts are the same as TRG 22.
Two parts that are no longer available are the polymer bolt guide at the rear of the action and the slim profile bolt shroud that goes with it.
So a m695 stock will fit on a m658?

The parts situation in Finland, the home of Tikka, is probably different than in the US. Finding parts for any of the models mentioned is much more difficult here. Though not impossible, I would not call the parts availability "great" by any means. Even finding a complete rifle in a 658 or 695 model configuration can be a challenge as these rifles were never available in large numbers, compared to our domestic brands, to begin with. I'm not sure the "newer" M690 was even imported to the US. Parts availability in the US is similar to any rifle of similar age & low sales numbers. I assume Sako & Tikka are by far the most common rifles in Finland & that finding parts for an old discontinued Remington or Winchester is a challenge there.

Thanks so much for the info guys!! I greatly appreciate it! I'll post a photo here very soon of my 658! Also where would be the place for me to find a spare magazine and a spare bolt sleeve for the 658?

Try Gunbroker or similar gun auction/sale sites or Ebay for the magazine. As P04R points out, the polymer bolt sleeve is no longer available, even in Finland. Unless you find someone parting out a rifle or, by some miracle, a complete bolt for sale it's highly unlikely you will find a spare sleeve, as it is integral with the bolt & unlikely to be separated. If you do find a bolt, be prepared to pay about half what your rifle is worth!!!!

Try Gunbroker or similar gun auction/sale sites or Ebay for the magazine. As P04R points out, the polymer bolt sleeve is no longer available, even in Finland. Unless you find someone parting out a rifle or, by some miracle, a complete bolt for sale it's highly unlikely you will find a spare sleeve, as it is integral with the bolt & unlikely to be separated. If you do find a bolt, be prepared to pay about half what your rifle is worth!!!!
Oh alright. So is the 658 a sought after rifle? It sounds like it's very difficult to find. Which to me would mean that it's a collectors right?

Just because a rifle was imported in small numbers & there aren't vast numbers of them available doesn't mean they are collector type rifles. Until Beretta flooded the market with the T3 most people didn't know much about Tikka & it's following is still quite small compare to the other domestic brands. The older Tikkas are very fine rifles & those that own them are quite fond of them, but they really don't have the collector following. Most sell for under $1000 if in great condition & I haven't notice any spike in value. That may change over time as nice ones become scarcer, but the bargain pricing to move their new rifles doesn't help. A friend just bought a new lefthand T3 on sale for $599.99. Sales of the M658 were dismal in the cold climes of Canada & Alaska because of the lack of faith in the polymer parts holding up in sub-zero temps. Not sure how well it was received in Finland, but it's replacement dropped the polymer bolt sleeve. You don't see people asking or looking for 658's. It's a rifle that one might buy if they came across one & it fit their needs, rather than a rifle that is sought after.
The older LSA 55 & 65 are closer to being collectable than the 58 & 95 series, IMHO, & better than most US made rifles from the same period. Other opinions may vary.

Back