• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

sako vixen l461

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Since my state allowed possession of suppressors a little over a year ago, I have applied for & received two "Tax Stamps" & have been using suppressors for several months now. Both are for rimfire firearms. One I purchased & one I made. What a pleasant way to do informal group target shooting & "Ninja" like pest control around the property. Have since applied for another Tax Stamp to make a centerfire suppressor for long range "gong" shooting. Will be nice to take the muffs off & actually hear the gong ring!! Not disturbing neighbors when shooting is a great benefit as it eliminates any potential conflict & hard feelings. As Stone says, it's simply a civilized thing to do. I'm hopeful that the law will change to allow suppressors without all the paperwork, fees, & 9 month wait, as well. My gut feeling is the BAFT is not going to give up the millions of dollars in $200 Tax Stamp money it is collecting. Like everything in Washington, it's about the money.

Stone, Unfortunately all the current Congress can pass IS gas. I am so aggravated with them! One of our Senators from Georgia is calling for an up-down vote this week on Obama Care - we'll see if he's successful.

The other bill is the Hearing Protection Act, which, amongst other things, will in fact remove moderators, suppressers, silencers, whatever they will be referred to from the NFA. This should drastically reduce the price and will, hopefully, prevent future generations from suffering from the hearing loss so many of us have now!

hello guys :D

i made mind up, and i'm not going to remove the sights. my sake l461 is indeed in very good condition. it is from the first production of the vixen-line.

i made mind up, and i'm not going to remove the sights.
After we worked so hard to give you permission?:p

Seriously, it's your rifle and you should do whatever it is that serves your purposes best. If you should decide to moderate it there will still be thousands of original Vixens out there for Sako purists to enjoy.

By the way, I had the delightful privilege of hunting in Denmark last December. It was bird hunting (well, one hare did succumb during the hunt) so we didn't shoot any rifles. But everyone was gracious and welcoming and our hosts pulled out the stops to make sure we had an enjoyable time. If luck is with me I'll get to go back some day.

Since my state allowed possession of suppressors a little over a year ago, I have applied for & received two "Tax Stamps" & have been using suppressors for several months now.
I have a good friend with a suppressed Ruger 10/22. The slap of the bolt operating is louder than the report.

I've wanted to try a suppressed centerfire in something small like a .221 Fireball for prairie dog hunting. I would think that they would be disturbed less by the low report. I actually ordered one and prepaid for it a few years ago, but the "businessman" took bankruptcy a week after taking my order. Amazingly, I actually eventually got my money back (took nearly 36 months, with no interest paid). That experience understandably soured me on the project and I'm just now getting back around to considering it again.

Incidentally, the $200 transfer tax has not changed since it was instituted in the 1938 Gun Control legislation. In 1938 $200 was equal to $3,474 in today's dollars. You can see what a deterrent the tax served as compared to today when it is a relatively minor cost in owning a suppressor. The paperwork and the wait is a much greater barrier than the tax nowadays.

I have a good friend with a suppressed Ruger 10/22. The slap of the bolt operating is louder than the report.

I've wanted to try a suppressed centerfire in something small like a .221 Fireball for prairie dog hunting. I would think that they would be disturbed less by the low report. I actually ordered one and prepaid for it a few years ago, but the "businessman" took bankruptcy a week after taking my order. Amazingly, I actually eventually got my money back (took nearly 36 months, with no interest paid). That experience understandably soured me on the project and I'm just now getting back around to considering it again.

Incidentally, the $200 transfer tax has not changed since it was instituted in the 1938 Gun Control legislation. In 1938 $200 was equal to $3,474 in today's dollars. You can see what a deterrent the tax served as compared to today when it is a relatively minor cost in owning a suppressor. The paperwork and the wait is a much greater barrier than the tax nowadays.
I'm going to thread my 19 Calhoon & my Fireball, as well as my 6.5 Grendel once I get my centerfire can going. Anxious to see if the PD's are less skittish. Lots of reputable dealers around & they have to have a special SOT license if your state is not a NFA state(which requires a Class III FFL) to sell them. Unfortunately you found a bad apple. Once you get your Tax Stamp you then fill out a 4473 from that dealer just like you would for a firearm. If you want one, I'd go ahead and apply as Congress may never get the "Hearing Protection Act" passed. PM for details!

After we worked so hard to give you permission?:p

Seriously, it's your rifle and you should do whatever it is that serves your purposes best. If you should decide to moderate it there will still be thousands of original Vixens out there for Sako purists to enjoy.

By the way, I had the delightful privilege of hunting in Denmark last December. It was bird hunting (well, one hare did succumb during the hunt) so we didn't shoot any rifles. But everyone was gracious and welcoming and our hosts pulled out the stops to make sure we had an enjoyable time. If luck is with me I'll get to go back some day.

The reindeer hunting season starts in on the 1st august, just sighted the scope and it looks promising. btw i live in Greenland

btw i live in Greenland
DING, DING, DING, DING! And, we have a winner, Ladies and Gentlemen: Our first SCC member from Greenland!

Really? How many of us know someone who actually lives in Greenland? However, one of my Danish friends spent a year working there. Samuel, a special Welcome Aboard to you, and post here frequently since few of us have any concept of what life, hunting, and shooting might be like in Greenland.

DING, DING, DING, DING! And, we have a winner, Ladies and Gentlemen: Our first SCC member from Greenland!

Really? How many of us know someone who actually lives in Greenland? However, one of my Danish friends spent a year working there. Samuel, a special Welcome Aboard to you, and post here frequently since few of us have any concept of what life, hunting, and shooting might be like in Greenland.

haha :D thank you very much!

The international aspect, mutual respect, and civility of this group of likeminded enthusiasts is so genuinely enjoyable.
I find myself reading and learning here almost every day.
Sincerely and best regards,
Kax

Back